Monday, February 7, 2011

Diaper Cream Vs Vaseline

The spring cleaning has begun!


temperature a little more lenient, and even a little sun today, the last two or three days, I went back to work.
It is through the mass at the foot of Cercidiphyllum I started cleaning.


I had left in place the leaves of Liquidambar styraciflua and Cercidiphyllum japonicum, because the snow had taken speed.

So I started by raking the leaves.
They have protected the cold deciduous perennials but at the same time, they retain moisture. So I prefer raking leaves, compost them in a discreet corner and substitute a good half-ripe compost around plants.








You'll notice I put a good dose of persistent plant (various sedges, Ophiopogon, Heuchera, saxifrage ...) so that the masses do are not too bare.

I took care in early winter to release some of these persistent perennial, so they are not overwhelmed by the dead leaves. And I've refreshed because they were still needed.

brouetter Tomorrow I'll still make my leaves and compost (I already begun).







This same mass as I showed you last October 7, entitled

" perennial shade for autumn scene "(click)

I will present it again in the spring and summer. Therefore, I am careful to show you pictures of previous years!



This massif is located property boundaries; in the background is the forest. It will still
I shorten the branches of dogwoods and I eliminate suckers Dogwood 'Winter Flame'. This one, I am very sorry not to have surrounded a rhizome barrier!
For a good net effect, the borders will be "identified" in late spring. To do this I do not use cutting-edge, but a sharp spade.
In the meantime, if time permits, I continue tomorrow!


0 comments:

Post a Comment