Saturday, February 12, 2011

Best Line Art Program

and Co. The box ... production "home"

I took the box in the garden well before they become "Trend" in the words of the moment.

All Blacks Boxwood Pine is a "production house". Ie they were taken from cuttings I made there almost twenty years.

In the village of La Chaux forest where we spent our family vacation, or almost every garden, still had his foot boxwood, which they cut a branch for Palm Sunday. An elderly neighbor had therefore also at the bottom of his garden, a huge and ancient boxwood whose boughs insinuated themselves into the barrier wall our properties. So I collect my cuttings and planted this shrub in my garden small sections of about ten centimeters. And I wait ...
Because you really have patience when cutting the Buxus suffruticosa . This lovely boxwood very slow-growing end (and extremely slow).
But it is definitely worth wait. It's so nice when we see the result.



My boxwood balls starting to grow bigger, I've put in the ground when I created my new garden.



These are aligned at the garden entrance.




In summer the scenery is complemented by roses and perennials low on the front of the massif.











Others are scattered right and left in clumps. Beneath the pines, the ground is well drained, even a little dry. The box is pretty frugal, and one of them particularly successful at the edge of the stairs of the pine forest. It is a sphere which proudly displays its 70 inches! It was however at the same time cutting but the location suits him so much that he surpassed the others in size.



The maintenance of this area has not yet been undertaken and I have not bothered to "comb" it before the shot. It is strewn with pine needles that fall year-round in the pine forest.
Sometimes a snake unfortunately sometimes takes refuge in the summer!






Maintenance of Buxus suffruticosa is almost nil: it happens that some years I do not even size! And I find it so pleasing to the eye as touch, with their small leaves, very sweet.

More pleasant in any case that the common topiary boxwood, Buxus sempervirens Rotundifolia, which are usually available in garden centers, and whose foliage is coarse, stiff stems. But finally, this one grows fast ...


That's why I used it for the hedge that I planted near the kitchen. Again from my own cuttings. And because the growth is fast enough, I cut the hedge once or twice a year to maintain it at around 1 m 20 high .

The hedge the massive structure that cut in half, while announcing another part of the garden, where such a small vegetable garden.

Well, there's a bit bare: the photo is Monday afternoon under gray skies. And deciduous shrubs are still dormant.

But on sunny days, when even gay!


The hedge serves as a foil to shrubs and perennials spring summer.











I hope I have convinced (s)! Then in the month of September, your scissors is easy and economical. Here's how:
Cut sections of ten centimeters. Remove lower leaves and dip the cutting in hormone powder. Shake off excess. Optionally, mixing a little sand and compost into the soil and bedding in a corner of the garden. Baste.
For my part, I do not use rooting hormone. I never had the bag on hand at the right time , Where he was outdated. And because it works without hormones ...
As for the amendment of the earth, do not talk to me especially peat! Since I discovered the irreversible damage done in the bogs, I decided not to use this material to the garden.
And finally, it is good to know that the box contains an alkaloid that can cause skin irritation in sensitive individuals.


0 comments:

Post a Comment