Thursday, December 9, 2010

Paradise Pet Salon Online

Sanctification. (Part Four)


God powerful and effective means to sanctify: His Word and His Holy Spirit.

By Word

In one of his prayers he said to his Father : Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

The Word of God sanctifies us because it teaches us that what is true or false, what is good or evil, what is right and what is unfair. It is the sword of the Spirit that separates (holy).

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges feelings and thoughts of the heart. "Hebrews 4:12

This word acts in believers:

"So we give thanks to God that by receiving the word of God, we've heard, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, who works in you who believe. "1 Thessalonians 2:13

We can make ours the words of the psalmist.

"How I love your law! It is the day the object of my meditation.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, because I always have with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. I hold my feet from every evil way, keep your word. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
sweet are thy words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Your word is a lamp my feet and a light unto my path. "Psalms 119

By his Spirit

At our conversion we have entered into a spiritual process . The Holy Spirit, who comes to dwell in us, produces new affections, new desires, a new desire to please God and do what is good in us away from evil. Read the entire chapter 8 of the Epistle to the Romans

We can not achieve the goal of sanctification with the help the Holy Spirit:

"If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live," Romans 8:13

"Causing death by the Spirit, the works of the flesh, this also teaches us" Galatians 5:16

"I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. "

Another version says : " let yourself be guided by the Spirit ... "

"Leave your fill of the Holy Spirit." Ephesians 5

We understand that sanctification is both God's work and ours is in this sense that we are called to submit to the Spirit of God.



... to be continued ...





(Source: Pasteurweb)



0 comments:

Post a Comment