Sunday, November 28, 2010

White Mucus Period Day Pregnant

Sanctification. (Second part)


Sanctify yourself is a task for us is our responsibility, it requires effort, a personal approach, even if, as we shall see later, we need the Spirit of God achieve.

The term "sanctification" often gives rise to a misunderstanding, because we confuse it with perfection and perfect holiness.

The perfect holiness is the quality of God Himself, He is perfect in all his nature. In his holiness, justice, goodness, mercy, patience, compassion, love.

"God is light, and that there is no darkness in him." 1 John 1:5

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, is, and he comes!" Apocalypse 4:8

God, our heavenly Father is holy, perfectly holy, we are called to appear before Him. He cleanses us from our sins, He calls us to holiness, so that we might stand in his presence, before the face of God most holy!

Be Saints

What order! God said "Be holy, for I am holy. " 1 Peter 1:16

The apostle Peter emphasized the need to be holy in this context of God's holiness

"But as He who called you is holy, so be ye holy in all your conduct ..." 1 Peter 1:15

God's will and purpose of sanctification is "being made to the likeness of Christ."

"We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, for the Lord, the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

When we are confronted with the holiness of God, we become aware of our situation, that is what we really are and we want to change:

"So I say: Woe to me! I'm lost because I am a man of unclean lips, I live in the midst of a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. "Isaiah 6:5

" My ears had heard of you , But now my eye sees You. That is why I condemn and I repent in dust and ashes. "Job 42:5 / 6

" When he saw this, Simon Peter fell at the feet of Jesus , saying, Lord, Go away from me, because I am a sinner. "Luke 5:8

"When I saw him I fell at his feet as dead. He placed his right hand upon me saying: Fear not I am the first and last. "Apocalypse 1:17

The revelation of the holiness of God should produce in us a deep awareness and desire to live differently

" Wretch that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death? "Romans 7:24

This deep desire that will lead us to seek ways to become holy as the Lord is holy.

"As one who called you is holy, so be ye holy in all your conduct, as it is written: Be holy, for I am holy." 1 Peter 1.15 / 16

Separate yourselves!

is the meaning of holiness and separation. In another article "Cut and discard" I remember Jesus' teaching concerning the separation of what is a stumbling block.

Mark 9.45-48, which corresponds to that other word of God "separate yourselves, says the Lord, Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."

There are things we need to get away if we are to faithfully follow the Lord and please him opportunities to fall, places of sin.

"If anyone, in fact, would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit, it departs from evil and do good, let him seek peace and pursue it; For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. " 1 Peter 3:10

"The Lord knows those who belong to him: and everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity." 2 Timothy 2:19

(... to be continued ...)

(Source: pasteurweb)


0 comments:

Post a Comment